5 Facts about My Book That Might Surprise You
These are five facts about Son of Dragons Book 2 Legends of Oblivion that may surprise you:
5. I wrote the first draft to Son of Dragons in two and half months. So far, that is the quickest I have written a novel.
4. Originally, I wrote this novel in first person from Brock’s point of view (The Garnet Dagger Book 1) and the continuation of his relationship and journey with Celeste. However, at my publisher’s guidance, I cut out the first hundred pages (but these deleted scenes became Book 1.5 Cursed in Shadow), then I rewrote the book in third person highlighting Mirhana, Brock’s sister, and her love interest-Landon.
3. After I rewrote the bulk of the book, I realized there were not enough scenes between Mirhana and Landon, so I added an additional eighty pages.
2. I did not think of the title Son of Dragons (or any of the other book titles in the Legends of Oblivion series) until I had written all three main books.
1. Many reviewers have compared my writing to Tolkien and Martin-to which I am honored. However, it was not until after I wrote these novels that I read Tolkien (it is a long story, but primarily fantasy/magic was not allowed in my parents’ house) and still have yet to read a Martin – though I am addicted to the Game of Thrones’ show.
Son of Dragons
Legends of Oblivion Series
In a time of false peace, the dead rise as soldiers for the Warloc’s scheme. For thousands of years he has stood ready for the final battle. Though the witch and her cursed Elvin have destroyed his physical body, now with his protégé, he has honed a new way to wage war.
Shunned by her own people and weary-hearted from centuries of lost loves, Elvin warrior Mirhana scours the land to silence the undead. Her heart has turned as cold as the sword she wields, until a prince seeks her aid.
Never has Prince Landon met a woman like Mirhana. Both beautiful and deadly, she haunts his dreams. The battle at hand becomes more enchanting than fighting to remain true to his unseen betrothed.
When a traitor emerges, new alliances are tested and the only remaining hope is to follow the prophecy and find the ... Son of Dragons.
Son of Dragons Book Trailer: http://youtu.be/MF-W60brqL8
Books in the Legends of Oblivion Series
The Garnet Dagger – Book 1
Cursed in Shadow – Book 1.5
Son of Dragons – Book 2
Mirhana followed Brock inside. In one of the corners, Jeslyn, Landon, and Gillespie guzzled mead as if they had been lost in the desert for days. Each slammed the flask down and laughed for another. Jeslyn sat on Landon’s lap with an arm around his neck. She leaned in when she saw them enter and whispered in his ear.
When Mirhana slipped around from behind Brock, Landon’s laughter died and his face colored. She couldn’t keep her hands from clenching. What was the matter with her? Who cared if these humans shacked up together? She had sworn off relationships—especially with men. “
The tavern maid cleans our chambers.” His voice cracked. “The girls’ room is ready now, but Jeslyn wasn’t tired.” He sounded as though he apologized.
Mirhana did not care about him, or that they were drunk. She told herself that beyond protecting humans from the undead, she had no further interest in their affairs.
“Where is Celeste?” Brock asked.
“Asleep, when I left her.” Jeslyn’s voice had no hint of alcohol.
Instead of responding, Mirhana spun on her heel and headed upstairs.
With mumbling excuses, Gillespie and Landon left the table and headed after her. Gillespie ducked inside his and Landon’s room, but Landon grasped her arm.
“What’s the matter?”
She jerked her arm away. “Nothing.”
“It didn’t seem like nothing. A moment ago, you looked like you took a bite of a bitter apple. I only wanted to thank you for your help earlier with the Troblin.”
“The Warloc and his protégé are not sitting idly back guzzling ale. They have attacked each of us.”
“One night of rest and forgetting our responsibilities won’t harm anything.” His smile made his chocolate eyes twinkle.
“I do not have the luxury as you do. It is not only humans that I strive to protect, but my own people and everyone else as well.”
“Right.” He leaned against the wall and crossed his arms over his chest. “And who knows what will happen if you have a drink with one of us and lower your standards.”
Instead of answering, she flung open the door to her room, dashed inside, and slammed it closed. How dare he speak with her that way? Tomorrow, she would tell Gillespie to take him back where he found him. They didn’t need a jester in this battle.
About the Author:
Growing up in Houston, Texas, Andrea has always created characters and stories. But it wasn't until she was in her late twenties that she started writing novels.
What happened that ignited the writing flame in her fingers? Divorced, and disillusioned by love songs and stories. They exaggerate. She thought. Love and Romance are not like that in the real world. Then she met her husband and realized, yes love and romance are exactly like the songs and stories say. She is now a happy wife, and a mom to three kids (two boys and a girl).
Andrea writes paranormal and historical romance. When not writing or reading, one may find Andrea dancing in Zumba.
She believes in the power of change and counting each moment as a blessing. But most importantly, she believes in love.
Author Website: www.AndreaRCooper.com