Top Ten Deals I Can Think Of Right Off The Top Of My Head
1) Buy LUVS diapers instead of Pampers or other name brands. If you can stand the odd kind of powdery but not anything like baby powder odor.
2) Edward McKay's Used Book Store! (Or other UBSs) You can trade in and then get books for free. Not that ebooks suck! TRAITOR is currently in ebook form. But voracious readers gotta read.
3) For cheaper cooking, try getting bulk and some other spices at Whole Foods. Then you have to actually use them before they get stale.
4) Get the largest size of Coke at McDonald's when all drinks are 99 cents. Their fountain sodas taste the best.
5) Wait until after the school supply rush in late summer/early fall and snag all your school supplies on clearance for next year.
6) White vinegar, Dawn dish detergent and baking soda can clean just about ANYTHING--for much less! I do not, however, recommend using JUST Dawn to try to scrub your floors. Unless you want to scrub forever and ever and never get rid of the soap.
7) Need a good facial mask? Don't spend money on fancy products, just crack an egg whites into a bowl and add some lemon juice or apple cider vinegar and raw honey. Oh, and then put it on your face. And wash it off. Try not to eat too much of it. Voila! You're all purified now.
8) Here's a good deal for birds because I don't want to be species-ist. Take all the hair you comb out of your pets, your own head, and your dryer lint and stick it in a bird feeder cage for the birds to use in their nests. They love how silky and warm it is and it makes them feel closer to you.
9) If you need really fancy women's shoes that resemble cupcakes, don't pay top dollar! Just make your own like author JA Coffey did: http://jacoffey.com/2015/07/07/the-great-shoe-cake-over/
10) Get the first book in my science fiction romance spoof series for free (http://bit.ly/1xWJYta)! And get TRAITOR (http://bit.ly/1fmGE4b for only $1.99 during its first month of publication. Talk about a good deal!
Author, Cat Person, Amigurumist of the Apocalypse
Release Date: July 28, 2015
Genre: Science Fiction Romance
Captain Nikolas EstherVorn is a traitor. Or so it was decreed after Niko disobeyed protocol while trying to save Earth from other-dimensional creatures. Stuck in a prison cell, the last thing he needs is to be in close proximity to sexy-as-sin Dr. Sarah CallenJoseph. Not with him damn near ready to break out just to get to her.
Niko's desire isn't quite his own…and Sarah can prove it. He—along with the other soldiers on the disastrous mission—were drugged with some kind of toxin. Niko has no clue how the drug got into his body or why, but Sarah suspects there’s a link between the toxin and the fertility crisis of Shipborn humans.
To investigate is forbidden. But as lust becomes something deeper, binding them together in a way neither expected, Niko and Sarah must battle time—and their superiors—to uncover the secret that could save humanity...or destroy it.
About the Author:
Jody Wallace grew up in the South in a very rural area. She went to school a long time and ended up with a Master's Degree in Creative Writing. Her resume includes college English instructor, technical documents editor, market analyst, web designer, and general all around pain in the butt. She currently lives in Tennessee with her family: one husband, two kids, two cats. One of her many alter egos is “The Grammar Wench,” which should give you an indication of her character. She is a terrible packrat and likes to amass vintage clothing, books, Asian-inspired kitchenware, gnomes, yarn, and other items that threaten to force her family out of the house. She also likes cats. A lot.
Jody publishes the Maelstrom Chronicles with Entangled Publishing, an Earth-based science fiction romance series. You can find other science fiction, paranormal, and contemporary romances by Jody at www.jodywallace.com, including her horrible science fiction romance spoofs, The Adventures of Mari Shu, which make fun of the Maelstrom Chronicles, among other science fiction concepts and stories.